Open to all – 70cms, 80cms, 90cms, 100cms
Commencing at 9am at Brightling Park, TN32 5HH, by kind permission of the Grissell family.
To be run under the British Riding Club Combined Challenge rules 2022 (can be found on page 39 of the British Riding Club Handbook 2022). For pre-event queries please contact Gardie Grissell firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry fees – Classes 1 and 2 £45, Classes 3 and 4 £55
Enter online at www.horse-events.co.uk
Prizes in kind for Classes 1 and 2. Prize money for Classes 3 and 4.
SATURDAY 9TH JULY 2022
Class 1 – 70cms – A round of Show Jumping (max 70cms) immediately followed by a shortened cross country course (max 70cms).
Class 2 – 80cms – A round of Show Jumping (max 80cms) immediately followed by a shortened cross country course (max 80cms).
SUNDAY 10TH JULY 2022
Class 3 – 90cms – A round of Show Jumping (max 90cms) immediately followed by a shortened cross country course (max 90cms).
Class 4 – 100cms – A round of Show Jumping (max 100cms) immediately followed by a shortened cross country course (max 100cms).
Each class will be split into sections, depending on entries, this may include Junior and Senior sections. Please confirm age (if under 18) when entering.
Maximum 2 classes per horse/rider combination.
Pre-entries only. Entries close 2nd July 2022. Times will be given and available on brightlingpark.com and Brightling Park Horse Trials Facebook page by evening of 7th July 2022.
Enter online at www.horse-events.co.uk
All entries are subject to a non-refundable booking fee which will be stated online on a per class basis
If you would like to edit your horse or rider details before the closing date of the event please login to your Horse Events account and edit your booking under the ‘MY BOOKING’ Tab
If you would like to change the class please email email@example.com and if there is space available we will do this for you.
RULES & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- All riders MUST wear protective hats to Riding Club/Pony Club standards at all times when mounted. Body protectors must be worn and to Riding Club/Pony club standards. Please see the current hat/body protector rules on the Riding Club website—www.bhs.org.uk.
- The Judge’s decision is final.
- Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of any event to which these rules apply, nor the pony club, nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses , owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other person or property whatsoever, whether caused by negligence , breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel and alter classes, refuse entries without explanation and to disqualify competitors.
- No entry money will be refunded after close of entries without a Vet/Doctor’s certificate.
- No entry will be accepted without the appropriate fee.
- Objection may be raised within 15 minutes of the incident, in writing, accompanied by a deposit of £10, returnable if the objection is upheld.
- ALL dogs must be on a short lead.
- All horses/ponies must be 4yrs old or over on the day of the event.
- No horse or pony to be tied to a trailer or lorry unattended.
Health & Safety
Organisers of this event have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and all the officials and stewards.
Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event nor any agent, employee or representative of Brightling Park, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other person or property whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
Gardie Grissell, Organiser
Brightling Park International Horse Trials has been running since 1987 and is organised by Gardie Grissell, joint owner of the Brightling Park Estate.
Gardie had a successful career as a racehorse trainer for 30 years and so understands the importance of producing good quality ground conditions. With the help of cross country course designer and builder, Scott Brickell, he aims to provide safe and enjoyable courses for horses with varying experience from BE90 to CIC2* so that competitors return year after year.
In the very wet summer of 2012, Gardie was praised for going ahead with the event, producing safe ground, despite the recent weather.